IN BURNET WOODS THIS WEEK – 3/30
SPRING! Red-winged Blackbirds are starting to sing around the tall grasses poking up from the lake. Tree buds are starting transition into leaves. Turtles and frogs are coming up to warm in the sunshine. Spring has sprung in Burnet Woods! While playgrounds, shelters and swing sets remain closed, there is still much to enjoy on a simple walk through the park.
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Chalk) and add your signs of Spring!
- Play I-Spy spotting different wildflowers
- See how many different colors of birds you can count
- Guess what buds will turn into what leaf shapes
- Look for tracks on trails & identify the animal
- Pick one tree and watch it change from week-to-week as bud turns to bloom turns to leaf
But most of all, do it safely! Practice safe social distancing and good stewardship of our greenspaces so that we can all continue to enjoy Burnet Woods and other Cincinnati Parks.